Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lazy Sew 'n Sew!

I didn't get a lot done today, I had to do a lot of running around and then there was dinner to cook, homework to check and time to commiserate with the kiddies and the husband... I'll catch up on laundry tomorrow. I'm going to have to talk to somebody about getting more hours in the day. Oh well, but I did manage to interface the collar and front facings. I also did the darts and started the pockets. Yeah, about those pockets on the pattern... they sucked and I had to re-draft so that they would look something like the ones on the DVF dress. Here's a little lookee at what I did:
1. 2.
3. 4.
BTW, if I hadn't mentioned it yet, I am making version C and using the pockets (with modifications) from version A. The pocket pattern was suppose to be cut with rounded corners. Didn't like that so I adjusted the pattern pieces before I cut them out to square them off and added extra inches (I forgot to write that part down) for the pleats.
  1. This is done at the ironing board. Fold in 1/4" on each side and pressed down. Turn the pocket vertically. Fold the side down 2.5" and press.
  2. Open it back up, and tuck the pressed edge under to make a 1/2" pleat.
  3. Press. Repeat for the other side.
  4. Stitched to the front piece just as instructed from the pattern and added the flap. Voila! A pleated pocket with a flap!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment