I haven't made a jumpsuit in quite some time. The one-piece wonders have been one of my favorite closet staples for years. They fill in the gap for me when I could wear a dress, but I really don't want to wear a dress. You feel me?
This jumpsuit is Butterick 6691. I liked that it is designed for a silk type fabric instead of a knit. And I found this perfect silky leaf print fabric at Jo-Ann.
I made my normal alterations that I would make for a jumpsuit. I lengthened the bodice by an inch. I modified it to accommodate spaghetti straps because I didn't like the look of the wide straps.
Here is the inside...
I brought the top of the bodice to sharp point...
And I made the same modification to the facing. I drafted my shoulder straps 17" x 1 1/4" and cut them on the bias.
I sewed the jumpsuit using French seams.
My bodice lengthening alteration gave the perfect amount of length to make the the bodice blousey enough that it would cover the elastic waist.
I made a full seat adjustment. This has become an alteration that I just can't skip on pants. It keeps them from dipping down at the center back.
I lengthened the pants by 5", because even the full-length view were pretty short.
I love this jumpsuit and I hope I get around to making a couple more iterations in solid colors too.