When you see the price tag for a Chanel jacket and thought it to be ridiculous, you should watch this video. I've made a "Chanel-like" jacket with all of the handsewn couture elements. And it was definitely a labor intensive project. (Hence the fact that I've not made another!) The Haute Couture house's process is incredibly mesmerizing! Take a look!
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning . They did a delightful segment on Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up . Appare...
I use to think Cheetah and Leopard were interchangeable terms as it pertained to animal print -- even though I am intelligent enough to r...
For the last couple of years, they go-to clothing item of spring and summer is the maxi skirt. And one of it's perfect partners is...
- What I'm Wearing | Orange + Turquoise!
- What I'm Wearing | Sheer florals + White
- Review: Vogue 8721 | Hot Pink Blazer!
- What I'm Wearing | Colorblocked Shift Dress!
- How a CHANEL Jacket is made!
- "Fashion Star" premieres tonight!
- What I'm Wearing | Springing ahead!
- Sam Edelman appearance at Belk at The Summit!
- What I'm Wearing | I'm so blue!
- Review: Simplicity 2250 & Vogue 1282 | Minty Fresh...
- What I'm Wearing | Black and Yellow!
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- ► 2006 (142)
Copyright © Erica Bunker, 2005-2013 All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.