Recognized this modified pattern? Well, in case you don't, it's Vogue 1308 by DKNY. Instead of sewing a full jumpsuit, I decided to modify it based on this romper from the same collection:
I liked the asymmetry of the single ruffle, so I only added one. And since this is a knit fabric that will not ravel, I left the finish on the ruffle raw.
The original garment is silk. I used a rayon/silk blend from Mood.com. This fabric feels amazing. It's the same weight as a t-shirt, but like the softest t-shirt you've ever felt. However, the downside is that this fabric is extremely fragile. It's the kind that you have to sew it right the first time because if not, you'll rip it to shreds trying to undo stitches. And I also noticed that there were tiny holes left from the tracing wheel.
I added an inch to the bodice length and I altered the pants to a mid-thigh length and made a 1 1/2 inch hem. I stabilized my hem by interfacing it with a lightweight knit fusible. That's the only way to prevent a janky/wavy-looking hem that we sometimes end up with.
The pattern suggested French seams. Since I used a knit, I didn't do those. I just used my serger. Had I used a woven such as one of the suggested fabrics -- crepe de chine, I would've gone ahead and done them. And be warned, I found the armscye to be really low. I'm talking full bra band revealing low. So I had to take that in by around 3 inches.
The instructions were very simple to follow. Even though this pattern is rated "EASY", it's still a Vogue. The neckband and armholes have bias binding. You have sew a casing for the waist elastic too. And had a used a woven, I would've done the French seams. So be prepared to invest a little bit of time for those steps that make Vogue patterns special.