Technicolor Cardigan

8:49 PM

This was a fun project to do. This was loosely based on Kristin Omdahl's Swirl sweater. I made a few changes:

  • Single yarn color - Berroco #3144- Technicolor.
  • Added several more rows to the body.
  • Changed the sleeves... worked the pattern's version first but they looked awful on me. The came out 3/4 length! Not a good look on some one of my stature. Worked the sleeves seperately in DCs and sewed them to the body. I love seams because they give the garment a more tailored look.
  • Decided to go with an "off-the-shoulder" double-breasted look. Used 6 wooden buttons positioned in an arc.

Overall, I was pleased with the way it came out. What I didn't like about the original pattern is the fact that it did look like it would give a tailored look and that's a must with me because I have a 28" inch waist and 42" hip (yeah, I know). Also, I don't think the designer had the tall woman in mind when she wrote the pattern.

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts