After working on a project for 16 days, I need some instant gratification... so I'm back to crocheting for this project. This was my Crochet Olympics project that I didn't have time to work on so I got going on this yesterday. This is the Zip Up Jacket (front & back) from So Simple Crochet. This is going to be a really easy project because the body is worked in one piece. Any time I don't have to do any hand sewing is good for me. I decided not to go with the Noro stripe yarn and do mine in a very spring white. The thing about this project that excites me is I get to install a zipper for the first time! I'm not sure if I want to do this by hand or on the machine. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Pattern: The Somewhat Cowl by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: Peru DK Luxury
Color: # 08
US Size 5 (3.75 mm) 29" Circular
US Size 4 (3.50 mm) 29" Circular
US Size 5 (3.75 mm) DPNs
US Size 4 (3.50 mm) DPNs
The race has been run. I may not have won, but I did finish and I'm proud of myself. Now, I'm ready for a
Friday, February 24, 2006
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Friday, February 17, 2006
Sorry about the terrible lighting... it's late and everyone is gone to bed and I had to do a timed self-portrait in front of my bathroom mirror with the camera on top of an overturned wastebasket... creative huh? Well, I've finally gotten to the part where I join both sides -- YEAH, no more purling (for now). You can't even imagine the elation on my face when I finally got to the sleeves. By then, I atleast felt like I was making some sort of progress. I had my doubts for a while, but I just may finish this and be able to go on to my next competition (The Crochet Olympics). We will see...
Monday, February 13, 2006
Friday, February 10, 2006
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Friday, February 03, 2006
Pattern: Minisweater by Glampyre
Yarn: Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece (4 skeins) 2 strands held together
Size 10US (6.00 mm) 24" Circular
Size 10US (6.00 mm) DPNs
Thursday, February 02, 2006
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning . They did a delightful segment on Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up . Appare...
I use to think Cheetah and Leopard were interchangeable terms as it pertained to animal print -- even though I am intelligent enough to r...
For the last couple of years, they go-to clothing item of spring and summer is the maxi skirt. And one of it's perfect partners is...
- ► 2012 (108)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- Back at it again
- It's time to get back...
- Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet - Review
- Day 12
- May I have some sleeves, please...
- Olympic Update - "Somewhat" Progress
- A Quickie: The Panta!
- Time for a break...
- On your mark, get set...
- Another FO - Ballet T-Shirt
- Minisweater - Completed!
- A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading
- ▼ February (13)