Thursday, December 29, 2005
This will probably be my final FO of 2005 (maybe). I saw this beautiful yarn in my LYS the other day and had to have it. It's done in Berroco Foliage. Really simple... only took two evenings.
A couple of you have inquired how I am able to produce FOs as quickly as I do. Good question. Well, I guess I'm just a fast crocheter, not Lily Chin fast, but pretty fast. Plus, I'm always crocheting. I can't sit and watch TV without a hook and yarn, my hands have to always be going!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Monday, December 26, 2005
This little capelet/shrug was inspired by the "First Frost Capelet" from Anthropologie's Gift 2005. Very simple, done in raglan form form the top down. I have seen knitted versions of this on Craftster and on Jewell's blog. This was done in Bernat Soft Boucle.
This is my version of the "Fiona" dress from Cool Crochet. I had done this dress a while ago, but I was never satisfied with the straps. I removed the first set and re-did them and now I'm quite pleased.
BTW, I guess you all can tell that I got a new digi cam for Christmas!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
This was a fun project to do. This was loosely based on Kristin Omdahl's Swirl sweater. I made a few changes:
- Single yarn color - Berroco #3144- Technicolor.
- Added several more rows to the body.
- Changed the sleeves... worked the pattern's version first but they looked awful on me. The came out 3/4 length! Not a good look on some one of my stature. Worked the sleeves seperately in DCs and sewed them to the body. I love seams because they give the garment a more tailored look.
- Decided to go with an "off-the-shoulder" double-breasted look. Used 6 wooden buttons positioned in an arc.
Overall, I was pleased with the way it came out. What I didn't like about the original pattern is the fact that it did look like it would give a tailored look and that's a must with me because I have a 28" inch waist and 42" hip (yeah, I know). Also, I don't think the designer had the tall woman in mind when she wrote the pattern.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
As I flipped through my stack of holiday greetings, bills, catalogs and magazines, I came across the January issue of Elle magazine. I always flip frantically through major fashion mags looking for just one glimpse of a crocheted garment when low and behold in the "ElleFirst Trend" report I spot the caption -- Crochet Club! Wow! How excited was I? Very! O.K., I read on and see "knit pieces"? WTF?!?! Are the writers and editors at Elle, you know the ones that sit front row at runway shows, that
stupid unfamiliar with the fiber arts that they can't tell the difference? These are the people that fashionistas look up to as a guide on the latest trends and this is what they serve me? Let's see, from the title, one can assume that the article is going to represent crocheted garments, but yet they continously describe them as knit! This is the main reason why I have to always explain to people the difference between knitting and crocheting and how they are not the same thing.
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I had been dreaming of a tulle skirt since spring. Especially when I saw Kelis' fabulous skirt in The Coveteur article, that I post...
One of the biggest trend this season is "The Flippy Hem Skirt". I had to do some research to figure out what this style is act...
The new Spring 2014 Vogue Pattern Collection has finally been released. Sit back and have a looksie in their lookbook ! They were s...
Lets see... it all started with this! I saw this photoshoot of singer, songwriter Kelis (you know, her milkshake brought all the boys to...
There is just something so classic and elegant about a black and white ensemble. And I just can't get enough of these wardrobe sta...
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (83)
- ► 2012 (108)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- ► 2006 (142)
- ▼ December (9)