Date Night Dress

5:57 PM

Project Details

Pattern: Vogue 8185
Fabric: 100% Cotton
Notions: Grosgrain Ribbon, boning, hook & eye, 14" zipper

None were needed. This pattern was really easy. It got a little monotonous while attaching the ruffled bottom. By the time I finished, I promise you I could pull gathers in my sleep. On this project, I decided to do the right thing by pre-shrinking my fabric first. O.K. veteran sewers, no slapping my hand. I learned a valuable lesson: always buy an extra yard if you feel that there may be a large amount of shrinkage! I came real close to running out. According to the pattern, the bodice was suppose to be self-lining. NOT! I had to use lining fabric that I had in my stash. Oh, almost forgot about one small modification I made. On the part in between the bodice and the ruffles, I lined it. To me, it just wouldn't feel right without extra fabric there. Plus, I don't have to wear a slip with it.

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts