It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing...8:15 PM
- used view C & F
- reshaped the front bottom edge from rounded to square
- added faux welt pockets on the front seam line
- added a lining to the jacket
- interfaced all of the front sections
- mimicked the topstitching of the Burberry coat
- shortened a few inches more than the pattern (I reallly like the length of all of the Balenciaga jackets for this Fall).
Pattern: Vogue 2812 - alice + olivia
Fabric: 98% cotton/2% spandex denim
Notions: two jeans buttons; 7" brass zipper
Description: Close-fitting, straight, below-waist pants: floor length with fly zipper closure, non working front pockets, back patch pockets, carriers and stitched hems.
I used view B with the wide waistband. This pattern was rated Very Easy and it was. If you have ever done pants, this would be no problem. The only modification I did was lengthening. I added three inches to the adjustment line. I didn't really follow the directions, I just copied the way all of my jeans are topstitched and edgestitched. One thing I did notice about this pattern is that even though I cut my normal size 16, this jeans have a lot of ease which make for a very comfortable fit.