Review: Simplicity 8045 (Modified) | Giving 2015 The Cold Shoulder!6:21 PM
- I removed the ruching from the front and back.
- I lengthened View B by 8 inches... FYI, it's really short.
- I lenthened the sleeves by 7.5 inches and left the hems unfinished. My sweater knit does not fray or unravel.
- I removed the ruching from the collar and removed 3 inches from the length.
- Instead of the recommended 1/4" wide elastic, I used 3/4" wide and significantly shortened the length. Due to the weight of my sweater knit, my elastic needed to be tighter for a more secure fit.
- And I decided that I liked the hem of the dress left unfinished as well. The hem slightly rolls, but I'm okay with that as a design detail.