Simplicity 4135 - White Linen Pants8:25 PM
Pattern: Simplicity 4135 - View A (modified)
Fashion Fabric: Linen (Linen/Polyester blend)
Lining: Cotton Batiste (100% cotton)
Notions: 7" zipper; two ½" buttons, one 5/8" button; ¼" wide bias tape and lace hem tape
* Cut waistband in size 18
* cut front, back and pocket at the top in size 18, graduating to a size 20 at the fullest part of hip
* On the pants back, scooped out the crotch
* Added 2 inches to the length creating a 34" inseam.
* Use the Sandra Betzina method of installing a flat fly-front zipper.
* Added faux flap pockets with welts to the back.
* I used 1/2" buttons for the back pockets sewing them to the pants and made buttonholes on the flaps.
* Used a bias finish on the waistband facing as you would see in most RTW Ladies' trousers.
* Used lace hem tape for the hem on the fashion fabric and 1 1/2" hem on the lining.
* In order to prevent gaposis at the CB, I sewed the waistband and facings at an angle so that it would form to the shape of my waist and the small of my back.