McCall's 5142 - The Boot-cut Jean11:15 PM
Pattern: McCall's 5142, View B/C
Fabric: Denim (100% cotton)
Notions: 1 5/8" jean button; 7" brass jean zipper
I've used 2 Vogue patterns in the past for jeans and I've had to cut a size 18, but in this one I used a size 16. The crotch curve in these jeans are PERFECT! No crotch smiles! Everything was where it was suppose to be and that worked out perfect because I didn't have to do a lot of alterations... just my normal ones.
- I added 3" inches to the length. I like my jeans extra-long to wear with heels.
- I had to nip the waist in almost 1" and also the back seam, right below the waistband.
- After the previous adjustment, I had to adjust the waistband accordingly.
- I didn't care for the shape of the pocket that was included in the pattern, so I drafted my own based on a pair of RTW jeans I have.
- I also created my own design for the back pockets using my embroidery machine.
- I added center creases because I like my jeans pressed.
- I used contrasting silver embroidery thread for the topstitching.
- The inseam is approximately 35 inches.
- The front rise is 10 inches and the back is 14.
- The leg opening is 23 inches.