Simplicity 3874 - The Little Black (& White) Dress12:05 AM
Pattern: Simplicity 3874, View A
Fabric: Taffeta (50% polyester/50% nylon)
Lining: Cotton Batiste
Notions: 22" invisible zipper; eye & hook and 3/4 yd. of 1 1/2" wide elastic
- I cut the bodice in a size 16, the skirt in a 18 and I made a 1" FBA.
- I also lowered the v-neck 1 1/2 - 2 inches... it looked a bit frumpy on me. Since I made this dress for "cocktail hour", a little cleavage was not going to hurt.
- The pattern suggested only lining the bodice, but I chose to do a full lining.
- I secured the lining to the dress at the hem with a chain stitch.
- The armholes and the neckline are edgestitched.
- The ties are encased and have elastic attached to them which makes for easy adjusting.