Product Review: Consew Silver Star CES-300 Gravity Feed Iron2:30 AM
Product: Consew Silver Star CES-300 Gravity Feed Iron.
- Recessed Thumb Switch For Steam
- Large Heat Shield For Hand
- Water Bottle Included
- Non-Stick Iron Shoe Soleplate Cover Included
- Iron Rest Included
- Bag of Demineralizer included
- U/L approved thermostat
- High quality steam distribution
- Hard anodized aluminum sole plate
- Comfortable urethane handle
- Convenient soft-touch button switch & rotary heat dial
- Heat shield for added protection during long use
- Modern body style - All black
- 120 Volts
- 1000 Watts
- 4.6 lbs
DO NOT STAND ON IT'S BACK!!!
Another important thing is the Demineralizer. The demineralizer is poured into the water bottle and settles on the bottom and is used to filter the water. The demineralizer extends the life of the iron and prevents calcium build-up. When the demineralizer changes from blue to brown, it should be replaced. I'm playing it extra safe by using the demineralizer and distilled water.
One thing that should be considered before purchasing this iron is that it's quite heavy. I can really feel it in my shoulder after using it for a while. But the one good thing about this is you don't have to press as hard as you would with a basic iron.
Other things I noticed is that when you are using the iron for a period of time, the handle can get quite warm. Also, I was a little excited to have the iron and noticed that if the thumb switch is pressed vigorously, the iron will "spit". But since the water is filtered and the iron is clean, there is no staining to worry about. I've been using it (a lot) for the last couple of days and I have no complaints.