He took the words right out of my mouth! On Friday night, Kanye West surprised the millions of viewers who tuned in to "A Concert for Hurricane Relief" which aired live on the networks of NBC. While joined onstage with actor Mike Myers, Kanye refused to read the teleprompter and expressed his unadulterated disgust for the way the media has poorly portrayed the black people in New Orleans. He stated, "I hate the way we are portrayed in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, they are looking for food". Kanye was refering to the this caption:
He lashed out against President George W. Bush and the government for racism against African-American survivors of Hurricane Katrina by stating: "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Kanye suggested that the delays in getting relief to the people of New Orleans was delibrate and that America was set up to help black people and the less fortunate as slow as possible.
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning . They did a delightful segment on Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up . Appare...
I use to think Cheetah and Leopard were interchangeable terms as it pertained to animal print -- even though I am intelligent enough to r...
For the last couple of years, they go-to clothing item of spring and summer is the maxi skirt. And one of it's perfect partners is...
- ► 2012 (108)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- ► 2006 (142)
- OMG! Who does Betty have in the basement?
- Lace Dress - Part 3
- Today's Aquisition...
- Lace Dress - Part 2
- Purple/Pink Sensation Bolero
- Lace Dress - Part 1
- This is why I say "NO TO THE PONCHO"
- High-End Crochet Sightings for Fall
- Men's Ribbed Scarf with Fringe
- IK Crocheted Capelet
- HOLOCAUST WATERS ARE BURYING US - HOW CAN THIS HAP...
- Stop calling them REFUGEES!
- To Anonymous ....
- Kanye is my hero!
- White Lacey Shrug
- ▼ September (15)
Copyright © Erica Bunker, 2005-2013 All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.