So far, so good. Some of the instructions kind of made me scratch my head, but after putting the project down for a while and coming back to it and reading them over again, it made sense to me. Once I added the sleeves I've become totally obsessed with trying on every few rows. A couple of things I noticed about the fit: Lily obviously designed this with the shorter woman in mind. I'm 5'10", so I'm making a few alterations to accomadate me and my longer appendages. I'm use to this kind of "height discrimination"... my alterations lady and I have been friends for many, many years! I've just gotten to the point that I wear a lot of jeans now that I can find them in the extra-long lengths - 34" inseam (Thank God for the Gap!), because this sistah has to wear her stilettos!
1. The more I looked at the neckline, I decided that I would leave off that yoke part. Once the stitches started to form, the shells made a very lovely scalloped neckline and I think I'm going to go with it. If I change my mind, I can always go back and re-attach the yarn and start back.
2. When I tried it on again, I noticed that my boobs are a lot larger than the model's in the picture. I added 2 rows of dc to the bottom of the bodice. I tried it back on and made a comparison to another empire waisted dress that I own and it hit just where I wanted it to.
Close up of sleeve detail: