Thank you Amie... I could not have said it any better. I'm watching Oprah while I sit typing this. I can barely type because I am literally blinded with tears! They were showing bodies lying in the street dead due to starvation and dehydration. That's my worst fear... not dying with dignity! What the fuck is up with that?!?! This is the United Fucking States of America! That shit ain't suppose to be happening here! New Orleans is looking like a third world country. Yes I'm pissed off! Hell, that could have me! Why did it take two fucking days for relief efforts to make it to the evacuees? Yes, they are EVACUEES and not fucking REFUGEES, so stop calling them that! I'm not only pissed with the Federal Government, I'm pissed with the state and local also! Where the fuck was Ray (Nagin)? Why was his ass not out there wading through the water and helping? Where was Kathleen Babineaux Blanco? Why wasn't she helping?
How the hell can you tell people to come to a shelter and not have any type of provisions there? They all knew that the hurricane was approaching... I knew it... saw it on the Weather Channel. Why didn't they provide those school buses that they pulled out of their asses after-the-fact to get the people out of the city that did not have money and transportation? Those are the questions that need to be answered. I know everyone is saying "stop pointing fingers and help the survivors", but there are still questions that need to be answered so this dumb ass shit won't be repeated. Just goes to show that this country is not prepared on any type of level for a major disaster!
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning . They did a delightful segment on Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up . Appare...
I love the color red. When I'm feeling like I'm in a rut, I wear red. I've been feeling really "blah" this week. ...
I use to think Cheetah and Leopard were interchangeable terms as it pertained to animal print -- even though I am intelligent enough to r...
- ► 2012 (108)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- ► 2006 (142)
- OMG! Who does Betty have in the basement?
- Lace Dress - Part 3
- Today's Aquisition...
- Lace Dress - Part 2
- Purple/Pink Sensation Bolero
- Lace Dress - Part 1
- This is why I say "NO TO THE PONCHO"
- High-End Crochet Sightings for Fall
- Men's Ribbed Scarf with Fringe
- IK Crocheted Capelet
- HOLOCAUST WATERS ARE BURYING US - HOW CAN THIS HAP...
- Stop calling them REFUGEES!
- To Anonymous ....
- Kanye is my hero!
- White Lacey Shrug
- ▼ September (15)
Copyright © Erica Bunker, 2005-2013 All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.