Today, I am embarking on the adventure of crocheting the Lily Chin Lace Dress from Interweave Knits Crochet 2004. I have read over the instructions so far and there don't appear to be any type of difficult stitches, just the basics: sc, dc and sl st.
The problem is that I have been on a shrug roll for so long, crocheting projects that take about a day or so to complete, I'm afraid I will get bored with this and put it down. I have been wanting to do this dress since I first received this magazine this spring. I completed a lot of projects I had going and left only two on the backburner so that I could devote all of my "hook" time to this one.
I haven't crocheted with thread this small in so long, I feel like I'm making a doilie! The biggest problem I've had so far was working the foundation row, I almost needed a magnifying glass just to see the stitches. Once I got passed that it appears to be smooth sailing, but I am just on the bodice.
- Erica B.
- Welcome to my DIY Style blog! How many times have you seen clothes in an upscale department store or a posh boutique and cringed at the sight of the price tag? I've done it many times and have said to myself, "I could make that"! While reading my fashion sewing blog, you'll share with me in my adventures in taking "boring" patterns from drab to fab by creating "inspired" looks pulled straight from those boutiques, the runway and fashion magazines. Also my adventure in learning to tailor and couture sewing techniques.
I just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning . They did a delightful segment on Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up . Appare...
I love the color red. When I'm feeling like I'm in a rut, I wear red. I've been feeling really "blah" this week. ...
I use to think Cheetah and Leopard were interchangeable terms as it pertained to animal print -- even though I am intelligent enough to r...
- ► 2012 (108)
- ► 2011 (101)
- ► 2010 (65)
- ► 2009 (75)
- ► 2008 (128)
- ► 2007 (160)
- ► 2006 (142)
- OMG! Who does Betty have in the basement?
- Lace Dress - Part 3
- Today's Aquisition...
- Lace Dress - Part 2
- Purple/Pink Sensation Bolero
- Lace Dress - Part 1
- This is why I say "NO TO THE PONCHO"
- High-End Crochet Sightings for Fall
- Men's Ribbed Scarf with Fringe
- IK Crocheted Capelet
- HOLOCAUST WATERS ARE BURYING US - HOW CAN THIS HAP...
- Stop calling them REFUGEES!
- To Anonymous ....
- Kanye is my hero!
- White Lacey Shrug
- ▼ September (15)
Copyright © Erica Bunker, 2005-2013 All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.