So, I had some leftover faux leather from the leggings I made and decided to put it to good use.
I had been lusting after this dress for a while:
And Simplicity 2054 was currently in my pattern stash and I thought it would fit the bill perfectly.
I lengthened the front and back pattern pieces by 3 inches. And the sleeve piece by 1 inch. I should have made the sleeves longer. My alteration wasn't enough so I didn't bother hemming the sleeves. But it works.
The pattern is extremely simple. It took me approximately 3 hours from pattern envelope to final steaming. Along with the faux leather, I used a ponteroma knit from Hancock. I stabilized the shoulder seams with clear elastic and serged the seams. The dress is finished with a 1" hem.
I really like the slashed arm detail. I thought that gave the dress a nice touch of flare. Here is a close up so you can see the topstitching:
Another LBD for my collection!