Vogue 8330 - I know...8:26 PM
Since I had made a pair of jeans before, I decided to take the plunge again.
Pattern: Vogue 8330, View C
Fabric: Stretch Denim (97% cotton, 3% spandex)
Lining: Lightweight cotton twill - for the pockets (100% cotton)
Notions: Jean button; 7" brass zipper
These jeans were very easy to make, just a basic pants construction with the exception of the yoke in back and all of the tedious topstitching. There were several modifications I made to get my desired look and fit.
- Added a couple of inches to the rise both front and back. My rise is 10" in the front and 15" in the back.
- Added 1.5" to the inseam. My inseam is 33".
- Added 1" to the leg opening by adding ¼" to each side on the bottom of the front and back pieces. My leg opening is 15" wide.
- Added darts to the yoke. When I tried them on before I added the waistband, I could tell that I would have some gaping. To solve this problem, I added darts.
- Drafted new back pockets. It baffles me that the pattern designer didn't think to keep the back pockets proportionate in size as she took the jean size from 6 - 20. I like a larger pocket so I used the dimensions from a favorite pair I own.
- Topstitching Detail - Front
- Topstitching Detail - Back
Now... what I'm wearing with them...